The open road, the big winter sky, and all seats occupied. A road trip is a recipe for fun or disaster, depending on how you spend your time. You know how the saying goes, so make time fly while playing some of these fantastic road trip games!
- Who Are They?Choose another car on the road and imagine the story of the passengers inside. Who are they? What is their relationship? Get creative and share your stories.
- Odd Coloured Car. At the beginning of the trip, each passenger chooses an odd or rare-coloured car (yellow, purple, orange, pink, etc.). During the drive, passengers get a point for spotting cars of their chosen colour.
- License Plate Decoder. Pretend that every license plate is a personalized message and decode it.
- Fortunately, Unfortunately. One passenger shares a statement beginning with the word, “fortunately.” As in, “Fortunately, I remembered to buy snacks at the gas station.” Another passenger must follow up with a statement beginning with the word, “unfortunately.” As in, “Unfortunately, I left them on the counter when I paid.” You can also switch the game around by starting with unfortunate ideas first.
- Buzz Word. At the beginning of the trip, determine a word that will be taboo for the entire trip. (Choose something common, like “Mom.”) Passengers must get careful and creative in their communication in order to win by not using the Buzz word.
- Counting Cows.Passengers must count and keep track of cows on their side of the car. Passenger with the most cows at the end of the trip wins.
- Casserole Game. One passenger starts by saying, “I’m making a casserole and I’m going to need asparagus.” Each passenger takes a turn reciting the previous ingredients and then choosing the next one, which must start with the next letter in the alphabet. See if you can get all the way to the letter Z.
- Speak in Song. Carry on a conversation using only the titles or lyrics from songs. No singing allowed.
- 29 States. List 1-50 on a piece of paper and see if passengers can come up with all 29 states. If you get all 29, start a new round by listing each state capital.
- Would You Rather? Take turns offering various options to other passengers, either wonderful, horrible, painful, embarrassing, or otherwise. Find out who would rather jump in a flaming volcano or sit in a cage of snakes.
Do you have a favorite road trip game? Share your ideas with us by commenting on our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/Easyroads/
Andriod Users book your road trips here.