Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara set serious bachelor road trip goals with its sweeping vistas of Spain and adventure sports. Then there was the Hangover, which added a sense of achievement to the bachelor party – “I survived that!”
We see no good reason why road trips should not be ideal bachelor and bachelorette parties – and to convince you, we’ve even made a list of places you can go to!
1. Goa/Gokarna: With beautiful beaches and the best party hubs, everyone knows Goa is the go-to place if you want the best of both worlds. Get your gang here for a serene coastal drive and all night of dancing. If you want to experience the Goa before the surge of commercialisation, just a few hours away is the hippie town of Gokarna with lesser tourists and more unexplored beaches.
2. Kasol, Himachal Pradesh: Love mountains? How about a party right in middle of the Himalayan ranges? Yes, you read it right. Kasol in Himachal Pradesh is known for some of the best parties in the country and attracts people from all over the world. Far away from the main town; these parties go on for days at a stretch. Take small hikes to the utopian villages or relax at the hot water spring. The views of snow capped peaks and the trance music in the background make for a unique and memorable bachelor trip.
3. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand: If the plan is an adventure filled vacation with your boys (or girls, there’s no discrimination here! :P), Rishikesh is the place to go. It has ample of activities like cliff diving, river rafting, and bungee jumping making it a perfect low budget alternative for a Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara-inspired trip. The road journey through the valleys of Uttarakhand is an adventure in itself.
4. Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu: Pondicherry is the place to go to if you are looking for an undisturbed beach holiday. Take those scuba diving lessons you have been putting off for so long. Ride a bicycle through the cobblestone roads and check out the French architecture of the town. Pondicherry makes for an ideal bachelorette road trip as it has many spa resorts and meditation centres. Pamper yourself!
5. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan: Camel rides in the desert, dashing the dunes, and spotting wildlife is the new way to celebrate with your friends before the wedding. Look forward to an all-nighter in middle of the desert with folk music and delicious Rajasthani cuisine. The best part? No splitting headaches or bone-dry wallets after this trip.
6. Auli, Uttarakhand: The winters open up another unique destination for your bachelor bash. Hit the road to Auli in Uttarakhand if you want to scale up the adventure level altogether. Try out winter sports like skiing, ice skating, and snowboarding. Trekking the snow meadow of Auli with your troop is a must.
7. Nashik, Maharashtra: For a laid back bachelorette road trip, take the bride to Sula Vineyards in Nashik. You can make a day out of it or stay for a weekend. Go for the factory tour, stomp grapes, and of course, drink bottles of wine! Learn about the different types of wines and the story behind the Sula Vineyards. Men, if you don’t thumb your nose at wine, they have an awesome infinity pool as well!
There are options galore, so mark your calendars and party right! Oh, and don’t forget to tell us how it was. 🙂